Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Calling all angels..." - Jane Siberry

I had just about the perfect weekend.
Which is awesome because tomorrow is Chunk Two of my journey. Surgery.

My Mom and Dad came all the way up from Texas to spend some time with me and our visit was just delightful! Friday evening we had a sunset supper at Joe's Crab Shack and it was delicious, if cracked crab legs dipped in melted butter isn't pretty close to nirvana...I don't know what is! Afterwards I got to spend some celebratory time with my friend Jill at her bachelorette party...all my favorite girlfriends were there which just topped off the evening with happiness.

Saturday the whole huge crew, me, Kevin, Anne, Jason, Emma, my Mom and Dad and Emma's Dad and grandparents all descended on Miyako for Hibachi and yummy, yummy sushi. Their Pink Lady (Spicy tuna, topped off with white tuna and a surprise burst in your mouth paper thin slice of lemon) is pretty close to perfection as it gets.

Later that evening both Kevin and I got to play at the Southgate house.
I actually talked my Mom and Dad into going and I think one of my most happy moments was when every time Kevin would get done with a song my Mom would yell "Yay Kevin!!! And clap like crazy...it was awesome!!! She even wanted a CD...which Kevin gave her today. Seriously, seriously awesome.

Lovely Crash got to rock the ballroom and it was just wonderful. One of our better sets if I do say so...and a bunch of friends came out and my Mom and Dad actually liked it! That was just the BEST!. I'd have to say I think they had a pretty good time! :-)

Afterwards I brought them back home and Anne and I went back to catch Oso bear and some of the other folks at Southgate house, then finished up our evening with an unexpected surprise...the Lakota "Class of 80" were celebrating right behind SGH at Bart's and I got to see some wonderful folks I hadn't seen in a long long time...

Today? well...not quite as fun, seeing as I can't have anything but clear liquids and had to take some pretty nasty antibiotics to get rid of all the "bad bacteria" in my digestive tract...so today was a lot of nauseousness and nervousness and crying.

But I did it surrounded by the folks I love the best. And Anne and I even got in a half an hour of yoga and visualization. We also all set and watched the "holzer home movies" so I got to see my 4 year old self dancing like nobodies business...I guess some things don't change all that much do they?

And right now?
I am finishing up some loose ends...packing for the hospital and trying not to cry.

Please send positive energy tomorrow at 9:30 am when I head into surgery and send a HUGE amount to my surgeon Dr. Janice Rafferty. I've made peace with all that business...got a second opinion and now know she and I don't need to be the best of friends...she just needs to do the best job she can to make me well.

Tomorrow the bravest thing I will ever do so far in my life is get in the car to go to the hospital.

But again...I can rock anything...

Sending you all as much love and support that you've given me so far on this journey.
I love you all.

As soon as I can be up and about enough to type I'll give you all an update and a thorough rundown of my hospital stay.(expect scathing nurse commentary and no holds barred reviews of hospital food...)

Tomorrow afternoon I will be 2/3 done.
Let's do this thing!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things went well. I look forward to your update. -D

    ReplyDelete