Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Behind...

BUSY! I've been busy!

Oh I know that's not a decent excuse but, on the upside it means I have felt good enough to be busy.
I've had an amazing two weeks...my friend Cynthia was visiting from Michigan, where she was exiled a year or so ago to the UP...or Upper Peninsula as it's more widely know, a vast punishment for my beautiful musical pop culture friend.

She and I managed to do some fun things and she helped me out immeasurably getting the house in order and cooking some fabulous Mexican food...she also got a copy of the "Nutritional Healing Book" for me so I'm prepared when the radiation and chemo have ended and I need to get in tip top shape for surgery.

I managed to play Taste of Cincinnati and the gig went beautifully, save the insane heat during the day and me managing to lose the entire band as I tried to navigate the one way streets and street closures. But we made it on time and the hundreds of folks who came out to see us made it all worth while.

So, now's the time when the shit starts to "hit the fan" so to speak...last Monday was an "exercise in insane diarrhea"...really there is no other way to put it. On Tuesday when I saw the Oncologist I told him things weren't out of control but the urgency factor was getting worse. So he said "Well I think it's time to start the Imodium" so I grabbed some on the way home, thinking I was home free, but I was Oh SO WRONG!! All hell broke loose...all hell from my butt to be precise, having been only hitting the restroom 3 maybe 4 times a day so far imagine my surprise on Tuesday when I lost count at 25...yep that's right I said upwards of 25...I didn't think a person could go that much EVER. And it blew. And it hurt. And it SUCKED!!!

So Tuesday morning the call went out..."I need something else PLEASE...Imodium and I, we don't get along!" So I ended up getting a prescription for Immodil and happy to report it did the trick. The big D is now under control and no big deal.
Tuesday is not a day I care to repeat EVER!!.

However it was a sad reminder that all this stuff is supposed to get worse before it gets better.

So today It's been 4 weeks and 2 days of Chemo/radiation and I am still rocking it.

The tiredness has gotten worse but thanks to the Imomdil, nothing else has.(Take THAT diarrhea!!!) :-)

So how tired you ask?...well I am still going to radiation every morning and working and then I have the strength to do "one thing" like make breakfast and do the dishes...or drive Emma somewhere or get lunch. Pick one. Then it's nap time.
Then when I get up and it's the same thing, one thing and only one. So I have just accepted that's the way it's going to be for the next few weeks.
Chemo and radiation are over next Wednesday! (Yay!!) but then everything culminates a week or so after so...bring it on "c'...I'm ready to kick these last few days of chunk one out the door!! And shrink you out of my life forever!

Also I had the interesting experience of actually staying home this weekend. Wow...way weird!! The TFO'er's were right there with me when we stayed in Saturday night and watched Eurotrip...And you know what? It was one of the best nights I had in a long time. I had all the folks I'd go out to see with me, without the loudness and crazy people antics you would encounter on any given Saturday being out and about.

So we're coming into the home stretch of chunk one....and I'm still rocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment