Thursday, May 20, 2010

Quick Update and damn the naysayers...and love the searchers.

Just so you all know...tomorrow I will have completed two weeks of Radiation and Chemo. And again so far, so good. :-)

Tiredness is getting a little more of an issue...by 2 PM I need a quick nap and my rock-n-roller lifestyle is pushed aside for a moment because I am actually tired and in bed around midnight (weird huh? so this is how most of the world lives!...)
However on the other hand I've slept more in the last two weeks than I have the last 3 years so in some ways I feel marvelous!! Even my skin feels better!

But NO nausea (YAY!!!!)
Just a tiny bit of diarrhea...but no other symptoms AT ALL. :-)

In fact the other day I was a few minutes late for Radiation, due to the lovely and unpredictable roadwork that's going on around the city that seems to change location daily...and so when I got to Christ Hospital I was hustling into the room because I didn't want to keep anybody waiting...Sean my radiologist was trailing behind me and said "Well looks like some body's got a lot of energy today!" To which I replied "Well heck yeah I feel great!!" to which Sean's reply was..."well you know you're not always going to feel good right?"

I paused for a second and my new "live in the moment self" said "Well yeah, but today I feel GREAT!"

But in my head, my old Beth self said "SHUT UP Sean!!!!
So there.

On the interesting news front, I saw a fabulous TED talk entitled "Can we eat to starve cancer?"
Click here to see the video

If you're not familiar with the TED Talks you should get to know them, they are FABULOUS!! Just search them out on YouTube...some of the world's greatest mind's discussing everything from physics, to science to creativity and beyond in a fascinating easy to understand, "Let's push this world forward kind of way!"

Just edited to give you the link, cick here, to the whole catalogue of TED talks. Seriously you should do yourself a favor and watch one daily!

Now go make yourself some spaghetti...

1 comment:

  1. 'Can we eat to starve cancer.' That's fantastic! However, this is not modern science. This is proof modern science and medicine has failed. The natural foods movement happened in the 40s, it's coming back.

    This is also the premise behind 'The China Study.' http://www.thechinastudy.com/

    Another movie I really really think you should checkout... Food Matters. http://www.foodmatters.tv/ I saw this at a Slow Foods event in San Diego. They belittle today's state of medicine... a focus on drugs and surgery (both are economy is addicted to as they create big biz profits).

    Food Matters focuses on food as medicine. It discusses Max Gerson and his nutritional therapy for cancer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Gerson

    Stay strong! Forget Sean's weak comment!

    ReplyDelete