Monday, May 3, 2010

Badass

My friend January Fairy regularly calls me a Badass...meaning I rock anything...kick out the jams, get it done and make amazing things happen on a regular basis.

I really take every opportunity offered to me along with creating some of my own. Some of my more stellar achievements? Having the lead in "Once upon a Mattress" and being Anita in "West Side Story", Going to College, learning how to play 5 different instruments, being in and leading countless bands (good ones!),Being a really cool Mom, surviving two marriages, touring the world (Japan, Curacao, Turkey, Spain, Italy, Dublin and the United states), being a video and interactive producer for places like LensCrafters, and Ethicon Endosurgery and GE, making the very first interactive program for P&G (for Cascade dishwashing liquid), designing countless websites, being an amazing bartender and waitress,putting together benefits for STOPAIDS, releasing two albums good enough to make it into the Top albums of 2007 and 2009 in Cincinnati's CityBeat, having my own art showing, Buying my very own house in a neighborhood I love, and writing a cookbook.

Yes I am a Badass...just didn't realize I "Had" a bad ass...

So in steps rectal cancer...or as I try not to think of it..."wrecked-all cancer".
Every single accomplishment I did...I did and I moved on to the next awesome thing. It was an experience with good and bad things that made up the whole. And I have decided this new experience is no different. there is some good in here and I will find it. I will.

I already realize the first positive thing is I TRULY REALIZED I have the BEST FRIENDS IN THE WORLD. Have you ever sat down and counted your good friends? Literally counted?...I had never done that, just knew I had a lot of great ones. When I set down to gather the e-mails for my "Team Fuck Off" I started to realize there were a LOT of names on that list, old friends from way back in high school, new friends I have known less than a year, friends in other states and countries, So many I literally sat down and counted...and then I cried.
Because I realized that my greatest accomplishment so far was "I am a woman with MANY friends".

And the next Badass accomplishment on the list?
No longer having one...

No comments:

Post a Comment